~Effexor Withdrawal...Brain Zaps And Other Issues The Drug Companies Forgot To Mention

I am appauled at the drug companies for failing to inform users of documented side effects and withdrawals from their antidepressant drugs, and I wonder how long they intend to use us as their trial subjects in the search for long-term effects from these drugs. I intend to do something about this atrocity and I hope that you will help me. For now...This is my daily journal of "Coming Down"...~

Saturday, April 10, 2004

Day 27 It's Saturday and I am just ~~~ UNSOCIABLE~~~

I am still nauseous today but the peppermint sticks help. I have a tin of them leftover from the holidays. Nice chunky old-fashioned peppermint sticks. This morning I treated myself to a 1" chunk. By the time it was gone so was that round of nausea. I'm just resting today and dreaming of the day this will all be over and I can return to my "normal" life.

I did want to address something here today though:

There are always going to be those who truly DO NOT UNDERSTAND what happens during withdrawal both emotionally and physically. They have never had, shall we say, the MISFORTUNE to "walk in our shoes" but they will suddenly convince themselves that for some ~~~strange reason~~~ you are trying to IGNORE them by not answering their phone calls.

They're totally unable to understand that the reason you're NOT returning their calls has nothing to do with them PERSONALLY... it's because there are some days in this process, this journey, when YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO TALK TO ANYONE!! You have not singled them out for some unknown reason and decided not to answer THEIR calls. You just are not feeling "SOCIABLE", and so you figure you can call them another day. They'll complain though, and then tell you that they KNOW "you are just trying to AVOID them!"

On the other hand, I have a friend who calls me daily to check and see how I am doing. Now, SHE UNDERSTANDS when I don't want to be sociable...and if I don't return her calls she just calls again the next day and offers her thoughts and prayers. No questions, no accusations....A true friend!

I guess some people will never understand what it's like to live through "withdrawal" and I hope they never have to find out for themselves!

beach-lover@verizon.net
read and sign the EFFEXOR PETITION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home