~Effexor Withdrawal...Brain Zaps And Other Issues The Drug Companies Forgot To Mention

I am appauled at the drug companies for failing to inform users of documented side effects and withdrawals from their antidepressant drugs, and I wonder how long they intend to use us as their trial subjects in the search for long-term effects from these drugs. I intend to do something about this atrocity and I hope that you will help me. For now...This is my daily journal of "Coming Down"...~

Friday, April 02, 2004

Day 19 Another Day in Paradise...The Day Before "DETOX"

Today has been another day of reflection...Of where I have been...And where I am going.

A day of apprehension for sure.....

Apprehension in not knowing where this journey will lead me... Or how I will feel along the way.

It has also been a day of prayer...

Praying for the strength to make the journey, as I know I must, and praying too that I will not lose sight of the reward that awaits me...

Thankful prayers too... That I have my hubby to be with me these first 2 days... That I may find strength in his presence. Thankful prayers also, of family and friends who are supporting my efforts and who are praying for my safe journey.

I've prepared myself for the next 2 days by making plans to keep busy....
Plans for Saturday: Clean the garage (which will certainly take all day:-)
Plans for Sunday: Out to breakfast and locate the cemetery in Spokane where hubby's great Aunt and Uncle are buried and take photos of the headstones for family back home. Then...Do what I feel like doing shopping, walking, etc., (as this will be day 2 after all).

Let's see what tomorrow brings.....
I am ready now.....

beach-lover@verizon.net
read and sign the EFFEXOR PETITION

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been 2 weeks since I took my last dose of Effexor. It has been horrible. I didn't do well while I was on it either so the Dr. decided to wean me off of it. What is causing the "brain zaps"? Does anyone know what causes this? And how long will it last? The agitation and irritability has been awful as well. How long is this going to go on?

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home