~Effexor Withdrawal...Brain Zaps And Other Issues The Drug Companies Forgot To Mention

I am appauled at the drug companies for failing to inform users of documented side effects and withdrawals from their antidepressant drugs, and I wonder how long they intend to use us as their trial subjects in the search for long-term effects from these drugs. I intend to do something about this atrocity and I hope that you will help me. For now...This is my daily journal of "Coming Down"...~

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Day 18 Wondering if we know what the INTERACTIONS with other medications really are???

I can’t say that today was good or bad. ~~~No dreams, but just that groggy feeling~~~ .
Not happy...not sad either…just “along for the ride” today! :-)

It was a day of reflection though. I thought a lot about what my life has been like for the past 1 ½ years while I have been taking the Effexor. It was a day of reflecting too, on all the mail I have received from others, who like myself, have in some way been affected by the consequences of these horrible anti-depressant drugs.

It was with great sadness that I read a letter just this morning from a man who had lost his wife less than 6 months ago. He wrote that she had been taking a combination of over 10 prescribed drugs, (for various reasons), so, not all of them were antidepressants. Among them were though; an anti convulsive drug, a sleeping pill, Remeron, (an antidepressant), Effexor XR, (another antidepressant), Risperdal, ( the most frequently prescribed antipsychotic medication in the US), a nasal spray, (which is used to relieve moderate to severe pain), a commonly prescribed medication for relief of migraine headache pain, a blood pressure medication, a prescription strength acid reflex medication, and another commonly prescribed pain reliever with codeine.

It made me wonder if drug companies may also be holding back any information and not disclosing everything they know about the interactions these antidepressant drugs may have with other common, (and not so common) medications, which are prescribed every day for an arrray of other illnesses both physical or mental???

That is certainly something else to wonder about…
How just how LONG are these medications tested for interactions???

beach-lover@verizon.net
read and sign the EFFEXOR PETITION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home