~Effexor Withdrawal...Brain Zaps And Other Issues The Drug Companies Forgot To Mention

I am appauled at the drug companies for failing to inform users of documented side effects and withdrawals from their antidepressant drugs, and I wonder how long they intend to use us as their trial subjects in the search for long-term effects from these drugs. I intend to do something about this atrocity and I hope that you will help me. For now...This is my daily journal of "Coming Down"...~

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Day 23 The DAYTIME Nightmare has begun and NO, it was NOT all better in the morning! :-)

Trying to focus on anything today has been almost impossible. I have to look long and hard at the computer screen and then after a few seconds, (which sometimes honestly, seems like minutes), I can finally remember what I want to type. The same is true of watching TV or trying to do even the easiest tasks.

I have decided that the reason I felt more~~~ normal~~~ on Saturday and Sunday must have been from the build up of these toxic chemicals...That some of it was still inside even though I was no longer taking my Effexor. Sure, a few of the withdrawal symptoms began then, but they were mild.... not at all like yesterday and today. I am really feeling everything more intensely now.

The mosquitoes were back with a vengeance today! :-) I am so grateful that in my research I found out that others described a feeling they had as "brain zaps" and "brain shivers" so I knew what to expect and therefore I was not at all surprised when I felt them. This way it doesn't frighten me like some who have written to say it did them. It's annoying for sure. But each time it happens, I merely try to ignore it...to not become consumed by it...To just block it out and continue on as if nothing strange is happening inside my head :-) :-) :-)
(Easier said than done but I keep trying anyway!

I've received more letters the past two days from people who have either seen my posts on the forums or have run into this journal. Everyone is so supportive... from these total strangers, to my loving family and friends who knew that I would be traveling down this road and supported me at the onset,

YOU ARE ALL THE REASONS I KEEP ON GOING!!!
I thought of each and every one of you tonight, after another weak moment when I thought again about turning back. But once I ridded myself of those ~~~ silly~~~ tears, I marched right in and took a nice hot bath...
leaving that ~~~CRAZY THOUGHT~~~ behind, but carrying the wishes from all of you with me!

I know I have to keep going...I know I can keep going ....AND I know I will keep going....

beach-lover@verizon.net
read and sign the EFFEXOR PETITION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home