~Effexor Withdrawal...Brain Zaps And Other Issues The Drug Companies Forgot To Mention

I am appauled at the drug companies for failing to inform users of documented side effects and withdrawals from their antidepressant drugs, and I wonder how long they intend to use us as their trial subjects in the search for long-term effects from these drugs. I intend to do something about this atrocity and I hope that you will help me. For now...This is my daily journal of "Coming Down"...~

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Day 25 And So Much Better... Than The Day Before

The~~~foggy~~~feeling lifted today. I no longer feel as if I am walking through the eye of the storm,
but rather nearing the outer edge.

I felt so much better...It's a stark difference with the way the world revolved for me yesterday!

Oh, I'm still having the "ZAPZ" (I like the Z on the end :-), and last night I woke up just drenched from sweating. The tingling in my extremities is pretty much focused only on the hand and wrist of the "carpal tunnel syndrome", and I still forget that sudden quick movements leave a part of me behind, but I am able to do a few things now without the intense concentration and focus which was required these past few days. and that, for me, is encouraging!

More email today. It amazes me that so many people have actually written, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart... It's from those words of encouragement you send and even just the thought that you took the time out of your day to check in, that continue to give me strength.

I am gaining many new insights into this "crisis". (This is what I will call it today).

It's effecting people worldwide, not just here in the US. (I know this because I have actually received letters from the UK as well as the US).

This is not a "female" antidepressant drug issue, as many men have written too.
Believe me when I say ...these drugs are actually being prescribed for a host of ailments...
many which have NOTHING to do with DEPRESSION!


And age seems to make little difference.
I have received letters from persons who range in age
from 17 to 64!


Yes,all of us not only thought, but EXPECTED that when our doctors prescribed our antidepressant medication, that it had been thoroughly tested and that those results were documented on the inserts or that our DOCTOR himself, was informed enough to have given us any information we needed....THIS IS JUST NOT SO!!!

Because of the "non-information", "untruths", "failure to inform", (or whatever you want to call the cover-ups which make these big drug companies MONEY), many innocent lives have been lost, touched or harmed.

Take for instance, the parents of the poor children (merely teenagers), who have committed suicide while on one of these horrible drugs...Parents who listened to their children's doctors,...Parents who didn't think they had to question the drug maker about side effects or any other harmful effects for that matter. (Who would have thought?)
Now today, they suffer a loss many of us will never know...The loss of an innocent child!

AND THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED...

The policies (and politics), of these GIANT MONEY MAKING DRUG MANUFACTURERS MUST BE BROUGHT TO LIGHT AGAIN AND AGAIN.... AND THEY MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE OVER AND OVER AND WHAT THEY CONTINUE TO DO...
TO INNOCENT PRESCRIPTION DRUG USERS...Specifically those using antidepressants!

I have to admit that I have never been one to stand up and shout about my rights or the rights of others, but, after I started doing my research, (which originally began for my own information... to help answer some questions I had about the drug Effexor),
and after the things that I have uncovered during the past few weeks while living my own private HELL with withdrawal, combined with the letters I am receiving due to my log and the posts I have made to the forums and boards...
I know now that more of us, (MYSELF INCLUDED), need to TAKE ACTION...We need to stand up and protest for our right to know more about the medications we are prescribed BEFORE WE TAKE EVEN ONE PILL!

beach-lover@verizon.net
read and sign the EFFEXOR PETITION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home