~Effexor Withdrawal...Brain Zaps And Other Issues The Drug Companies Forgot To Mention

I am appauled at the drug companies for failing to inform users of documented side effects and withdrawals from their antidepressant drugs, and I wonder how long they intend to use us as their trial subjects in the search for long-term effects from these drugs. I intend to do something about this atrocity and I hope that you will help me. For now...This is my daily journal of "Coming Down"...~

Friday, April 09, 2004

Day 26 Dizzy and Nauseous... UGH!

I guess it was too good to be true! I thought after the great day I had yesterday that I would shortly be "Back on the Road Again"...Well, not yet I guess:-(

Patience is a virtue I know, but I am just not a very patient person...I do need to work on that!

I was really hungry this morning...I ate some toast and had orange juice early.
Then I had a blended iced mocha... WAS THAT LUNCH?
Must have been, because the next thing I knew it was 7 PM and I guess I really hadn't eaten anything all afternoon. I felt hungry (if that's possible while waves of nausea sweep over you...), so I decided to have a nice greasy piece of pizza hubby brought home tonight....

PLEASE NOTE:THIS NOT THE BEST IDEA IN THE WORLD IF YOU ARE THE LEAST BIT NAUSEOUS :-)

I am paying for that short moment of stupidity and am drinking a bit of Peppermint Tea. All I want to do now is climb into bed and curl up in the fetal position and go to sleep!

(I wonder what causes you to be nauseous during the withdrawal process?...I will have to check that out...Surely there's an answer as I have heard about that in DETOX centers for drug and alcohol addicts going through withdrawal. I will check on that one....)

Below is the request I have posted on some of the online forums and boards. Many of you have already sent in your response but for those who are seeing this for the first time....

Feel free to pass it on to friends and family, if you see that it would be pertinent to them, and send me your own answers too, if you haven't already done so.

Also, if any of you has a favorite (subject-related), board, forum, or newsgroup and you haven't seen it posted there, send me the link or page to it I'll be happy to submit it.
It will help immensely with my research...

Thanks again for all of your support and as soon as this nausea passes I'll be back.....(Right now it's hard to sit and look at this screen :-)

I am doing research for an upcoming book which will shed light on the problems associated with legally prescribed anti-depressant drugs and would be interested in hearing stories from anyone about their experiences with these drugs.

If you are the user of an anti-depressant medication yourself, or, if you are a family member or friend of someone who has used or is currently using anti-depressants, your personal perspective is important in this research.

I would like information concerning how and when you, (or they), started using the prescribed medication, the name and dosage, (if known), and also for what illness or condition the medication was prescribed.

Other important information for this research would cover side effects, which would include, but not be limited to, odd or strange feelings or actions encountered during the drug's use.

Additionally, if you, (or they), are now in the withdrawal stages, (or have been in the past), any information on length of time, dosage decreases, feelings, overall condition of health, etc. would be beneficial to my research.

If you are interested in sharing any portion or all of this information with me, I welcome your email to:
beach-lover@verizon.net

I addition, if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line at the same address.

Thanks!

deb


beach-lover@verizon.net
read and sign the EFFEXOR PETITION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home