~Effexor Withdrawal...Brain Zaps And Other Issues The Drug Companies Forgot To Mention

I am appauled at the drug companies for failing to inform users of documented side effects and withdrawals from their antidepressant drugs, and I wonder how long they intend to use us as their trial subjects in the search for long-term effects from these drugs. I intend to do something about this atrocity and I hope that you will help me. For now...This is my daily journal of "Coming Down"...~

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Day 35 Since Starting The Taper and Day 16 WITHOUT Effexor

I thought by now I would be back to my normal self...after 2 weeks...well, I guess can say I am much much better than I was that 1st week of withdrawal and even better now than the second, but why am I not “back to normal?”

I am still having:

brain zaps, (mostly in the afternoons now),
sudden bouts of crying,
some short term memory loss,
vision problems,
the problem of “swishing” in my head when I turn or raise it too quickly,
headache,
nausea,
vivid dreams,
bouts of extreme hunger,
dry mouth and dehydration, (at night only),
and trouble focusing long enough to make a decision.

Case in point regarding the focusing problem and decision making...I was shopping today and I picked up several items as I went up and down the isles. As I walked further I would stop and think about each one and gradually I was changing my mind and putting each of them back. When I got up to the counter to pay, I had hardly any items left to purchase! (Great way to save money but...It was exhausting to have done all that shopping and then to have placed so many items back and to have come home without some which I really did need.) All this because I just couldn’t decide! I hope this little annoying decision-making problem go away soon...it is very much NOT ME!

While I have experienced some of the above problems during the course of taking my medication, and others during the withdrawal, I expected them to be gone within a couple of weeks... They are still with me and it is very discouraging...

I'm hanging in there though...I know it can only get better from here but I wonder about how long it is going to take...

beach-lover@verizon.net
read and sign the EFFEXOR PETITION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home